Halloween is just around the corner and I want to share one of my favorite Halloween cards I made this year! It features the Hallows Night Magic stamp set and coordinating dies, Black Glitter Paper, Magic In This Night DSP, and Iridescent Pearls.
Here’s a great tip for die cutting:
You can place the die shape on the front and the one inside in the center of the Black Glitter Paper and cut it out, leaving the edges showing for your glittery layer. You save on that gorgeous paper while creating glittery focus!
Want to create this card? Here are the directions and the list of supplies I used. Click here to purchase the supplies for this gorgeous card!
Base-Pretty Peacock: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
Black Glitter Paper: 5 ¼” x 4”
DSP: 5” x 3 ¾”
Whisper White: 3 ¾” x 2 ¼”, 5 ¼” x 4”, 2 ½” x 3 ¾”
Metallic Mesh Ribbon: 7 ¼”
1) Fold and burnish score line on card base.
2) Die cut large glitter layer shape and detail border from the center of the 5 ¼” x 4″ Black Glitter Paper, placing the dies in the center and touching to maximize space. Be sure to leave your 1/8” border.
3) Adhere Black Glitter Paper to card front. Adhere DSP layer over Black Glitter Paper.
4) Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp spiderweb border image on 3 ¾” x 2 ½” Whisper White CS. Die cut with coordinating shape, and color flowers with layers of Light Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends and leaves with layers of light Pretty Peacock Stampin’ Blends. Using Memento Black ink again, stamp “Happy Halloween” in the center and adhere to Black Glitter die cut shape.
5) Place 2” long piece of Tear & Tape at an angle (from top left to bottom right corner) in the center of the DSP layer. Adhere the Metallic Mesh Ribbon strip over it, angled from the top left corner of the card to the bottom right corner, and trim the edges to fit the card.
6) Using Dimensionals, attach the sentiment layer over the top of the ribbon.
7) Finish with 3 Iridescent Pearls as shown.
1) Using Memento Black ink on the 5 ¼” x 4” Whisper White layer, stamp “There is Magic. . .” about 1” in from the left edge and 2” down.
2) Stamp the bats on the 2 ½” x 3 ¾” Whisper White CS using Memento Black ink. Cut out bats with coordinating die and attach to CS as shown, using rolled Glue Dots for some slight dimension.
3) Place liquid Tombow on wider sections of die cut Black Glitter border and adhere to right edge of CS layer, as shown, and trim off the excess.
4) Finish by adhering this layer to inside of card.
Stamps: Hallows Night Magic #153356 (Bundle #155188) (Mini)
Paper: Pretty Peacock #150880, Whisper White #100730, Black Glitter
Paper #153518 (Mini), Magic In This Night DSP #153517 (Mini)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black #132708
Tools: Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine #149653, Halloween Magic
Dies #153565 (Mini), Ribbon Scissors
Other: Dimensionals #104430, Glue Dots #103683, Liquid Tombow #110755, Tear & Tape #138995, 1 ½” Metallic Mesh Ribbon #153550 (Mini), Iridescent Pearls #153549 (Mini), Light Pretty Peacock #154895 & Light Rich Razzleberry #154898 Stampin’ Blends